Kegel’s Produce is proud to sponsor The Dish of the Game for the Hershey Bears hockey club this season. Chef Benjamin Bedard and his staff work hard to put these plates together every week, culminating with a presentation on the video board during the game on Saturday night. Be sure to head back on Sunday nights to pick up one of these great meals, and check back here all year long for the recipes. Click on the Dish of the Game link on the far left of this page to see archived recipes.
Mom’s Meat Loaf
- 1 pound ground beef 1/4 pound ground pork 1/2 cup minced onion 1/4 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/8 teaspoon ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 350F. By hand, thoroughly mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
Pack the mixture into a 9-x-5-3-inch loaf pan.
Bake for about 1 1/4 hours or until the meat loaf is firm to the touch in the center, golden brown on the top and has pulled away from the sides of the pan.
Transfer to a platter. Cut crosswise into slices.
All of us here at Kegel’s Produce wish the Bears the best of luck the rest of the season in their journey to capture another Calder Cup!
Fresh is Best!